If a stay is granted, it will allow the bad-faith, politically motivated decision of Secretary Sebelius, who lacks any medical or scientific expertise, to prevail — thus justifiably undermining the public’s confidence in the drug approval process.
- First time same-sex marriage is legalized by state ballot measure (and in three states: ME, MD and WA);
- First openly gay female senator (WI’s Tammy Baldwin);
- First disabled female veteran in Congress (IL’s Tammy Duckworth);
- First Asian-American (and first Buddhist) female Senator (HI’s Mazie Hirono);
- First state dominated by female federal leaders (NH has a female Democratic governor, two female Senators and two Congresswomen).
Why extremists always focus on women remains a mystery to me, but they all seem to. It doesn’t matter what country they’re in or what religion they claim. They want to control women. They want to control how we dress. They want to control how we act. They even want to control the decisions we make about our own health and bodies.
Yes, it is hard to believe that even here at home, we have to stand up for women’s rights and reject efforts to marginalize any one of us, because America needs to set an example for the entire world.